Class 21

Today’s lesson closes the circle on my Zoom-thwarted images lesson. After that, we’ll do a little practice with linking out, another blog post “basic” we could do some work with.

We’ll practice by linking out to each other’s work. These don’t need full citations for the moment. Hopefully by the end of class we’ll have moved on to open-internet sources or library sources from outside out class community. All that is positioning us for next week’s work getting ready for Essay 3.

A stack of multicolored marbles
It’s not clear why this came up in a search under “teaching fails” but I assure you, when it comes to marbles, I haven’t totally lost mine. Image credit: “Marble collector” by smkybear, licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.

Here’s the basic timetable for the rest of the month (this is basically the same as the syllabus but a little more detailed):

• T, Nov 16: “Work Day”: Come ready to produce an outline for Essay 3 in Google Docs. The prompts are basically the same as the ones in the post for Class 16. I’ve also updated the Assignment Sheet page for Essay 3 You’ll mainly work in groups with others who have read the same book. For this week, the blog post (your last one!) is due on Thursday (though you can get it done early).
  • H, Nov 18: Blog posts due; portfolio work in class; sourcework assignment
  • T, Nov 23: Peer Editing Day, Essay 3
  • H, Nov 25: THANKSGIVING
  • T, Nov 30: Essay 3 due to Google Forms. You’ll publish it to your portfolio once I return it with comments.