Expectations

Dear classmates,

Dear classmates,

Going into this class this semester, I did not know what to expect. I
honestly wasn’t very excited at first but after attending my first class on
Thursday and reading the blog posts responses, that gas changed. I am now more
excited than i expected to be and am looking forward towards our future
classes. I am especially excited to have our first in person class session, as
it would be first in person session since the start of the quarantine lock down.
I have some expectations for the class that I am sure everyone will meet.

To begin I expect everyone to be welcoming in our first session on Thursday. I am expecting an environment full of communication and open minds. A place
where everyone is allowed to voice their opinions, insights, and perspectives. I
hope we’re all able to rely on each other for feedback and can ask one another questions in moments of confusion. I am hoping we all able to help each other grow as both writers and people.

Best,

Luis Tolentino

3 thoughts on “Expectations

1. Kevin J Guaman (he/him/his)

I agree with all your expectations. I am glad you are excited for class now, especially since we had our first in person class. I am excited too! It was fun and a much better way to interact than on zoom. I hope we can become familiar with each other so we can all help everyone who needs help from time to time.

2. WeiTing Zhou

Hello! Since today was the first day of class, I hope the class met your expectations. Even though it was a bit quiet today, many people participated and when someone was confused, another person would speak up. I think the class has met these expectations and hope they will continue to do so in future hybrid classes.

3. Novel Sarker

So far I can agree that it wasn’t exciting at first. After I’ve seen the assignments and books I was interested and wanted to engage more in this class and learn from each other. I believe that open minds are better because we all have opinions and its a great way to approach these opinions with new perspectives.